AN INVITATION to SHOWCASE INNOVATION IN NIGHTTIME MANAGEMENT
Submission Guidelines for Workshops and Presentations
What lessons have you learned in managing trends in life at night?
Are among the more than 900 people attending Sociable City Summits since 2015? Never attended a Summit? Either way, you can share lessons and showcase your city's approach to nighttime management.
Submit a Proposal to:
- Share your insights on nightlife trends impacting cities
- Showcase your City's management plan
- Present a technical training session
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND APPLICATION
When you submit your application for a workshop presentation, you will automatically be entered to participate in our awards program.
The following are proposed topics:
(1) Sociable City Showcase
- Must demonstrate excellence in the subsequent categories (below)
- Formal commission, task force, advisory board
- Dedicated staff (i.e. night mayor, director, nighttime economy manager)
(2) Assure Safety
- Reduction in crime and disorder
- Police deployment and scheduling
- Closing time management
- Partnering with a nightlife association
- Early interventions through an inter-agency compliance team
(3) Enhance Vibrancy
- Outdoor public space management (events, festivals, sidewalk cafes, street entertainers, food trucks, vendors)
- Supporting live music, entertainment and performances
- Office of Music
(2) PLAN FOR PEOPLE
- Management of sound, trash, and/or public urination
- Nighttime transportation planning
- Maintaining an optimal balance of sociability uses at different times
- Working with residents and businesses to achieve a high quality of life
- You will be contacted by July 31, 2020 if your proposal is selected. (Note: Applications selected for a presentation do not necessarily receive an award.)
- If your workshop is selected, a more detailed proposal will be due on August 31, 2020.
- Award winners will be announced on-site at the event in Seattle.
If your workshop proposal is accepted, please plan to do the following:
- Register for the event (lowest rate as team member or individual).
- Pay for your own travel and lodging.